Technical help to assist in evaluation when you’re focusing on parents, carers and families
The subgroup ‘Parents, carers and families’ covers the categories:
- One parent or two parents with a mental illness (severe or not severe)
- The partner of a parent with a mental illness
- Partners or young people who are carers of a parent with a mental illness
- Families (two-parent or single-parent) of parents with a mental illness.
Underlying the evaluation of a program or intervention with parents, carers and families are the questions:
- How might parents, carers and families be affected by parental mental illness?
- What measures could be used to test the outcomes of an intervention?
Find out how to test your program or intervention against measurable outcomes using the following evaluation criteria. The criteria you select will depend on the focus of your program’s or intervention’s strategies.