ARAFMI has two part-time Carer Advocates who can assist friends, family and carers who provide support to someone who has a mental illness, diagnosed or not.
The Carer Advocates can provide the following:
- Information for individuals.
- Support to self-advocate.
- Have the advocate speak on their behalf.
- Obtain assistance from the advocate.
- Receive referral support.
- Obtain direction in resolving issues/conflict.
The service is provided at no cost.
People can access the service as many times as needed.