The Carers SA ‘Young Carer Program’ supports young carers, up to the age of 25 years, who provide care and support for a parent, partner, child, sibling, relative or friend who has a disability, is frail aged, or who has a severe mental or physical condition.
The Young Carer Program team can provide information, referral, and emotional and social support to young carers in the following regions of South Australia:
- Western metropolitan Adelaide (including Port Adelaide/Enfield and the City of West Torrens)
- Eyre Peninsula (including Port Lincoln, Streaky Bay, Ceduna and Wudinna)
- Northern country (including Port Augusta, Whyalla and Roxby Downs)
- River Murray and Mallee (including Renmark, Loxton, Lameroo and Murray Bridge)
- South East (including Mount Gambier, Bordertown, Naracoorte, Robe and Millicent)