Family to Family Workshop series – 6 sessions for the whole family where a parent experiences a mental illness.
This partnership arises from the family members themselves saying “”what we really needed was a place where the whole family could learn and share together about mental illness and how it affects each of us””.
The primary aims of the F2F project are:
- to increase resilience of children and families living with parental mental illness;
- to empower and equip families to take an active role in addressing the impact of parental mental illness on their children and on the family system; and
- to improve quality of family life and support the recovery journey.
The secondary aims of the F2F project are:
- to strengthen local collaborative networks of agencies, workers and families;
- to develop peer leadership capacity amongst people living with parental mental illness (including parents with illness, partners/carers and families);
- to provide an opportunity for workers and peer facilitators to gain skills and confidence in working with COPMI families; and
- to develop a model for whole-of-family COPMI workshops that can be replicated elsewhere.
The workshops provide a space for families to share, learn, reflect and plan.