Sometimes there's small comfort knowing you're not alone in dealing with mental illness.
We have collected some personal stories from parents, their children, and carers. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to submit their story to help other people know they're not alone.
Like to submit your own story?
Simply email our
Lydia with your own experience or comments.
- Jai's Story - A Dad with Bipolar disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder & Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Neil's Story - A Dad’s experience with bipolar disorder
- Nick's Story - A Dad’s experience with a traumatic brain injury
- Mark's Story - A Dad talking about how important it is to get help and look after yourself
- James' Story - A Dad who is a carer of a partner with Bipolar Disorder
- Sarah's Story - The partner and carer of a Dad with Schizophrenia
- Stuart's Story - The partner and carer of a Mum with a mental illness
Adult Children's Stories
- D's story - An adult child’s story about the impact of parental mental illness
- Louise's Story - An adult’s story about the impact of her parent’s mental illness
- Shywolf's Story - An adult with a mental illness
Kids & Young People's Stories