When you're at school
It might help to read this with an adult.
Lots of kids have a hard time at school – but there is help.
Problems can affect you at school
- You might worry about your Mum or Dad when you are at school.
- Or you might feel hurt by things other kids say.
- Or you might be teased or bullied.
- Maybe you are having trouble with homework?
You can get help - no one has to know
- Try talking to your school counsellor.
- Or what about talking to your favourite teacher, the chaplain or school nurse?
- If you don’t want to talk to anyone at school call Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800.
- Or go online to web or email counselling.
- See other information about how to get help.
What if something bad happens to my parent when I'm at school?
- Try talking to your parent – tell them you are worried about them while you are at school.
- If something happens to your parent when you are at school they can:
- Call a family member, friend or neighbour
- Call their support worker if they have one
- Call Lifeline on 13 11 14
- In an emergency they can call 000
- So your parent will be able to get help if you are not there.