Things that can make you feel better
Other kids told us these things helped them feel better...
It might help to read this with an adult
Take time out
- When things are bad at home take time out to relax.
- Have fun - it's an important part of being a kid!
Look after yourself
Learn about mental illness
- You can feel better when you know more about your Mum or Dad’s mental illness.
- You could call Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800) and ask them for information.
- Your parent or a family friend may also know a lot. Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- You can also read about mental illness on our website.
Talk to someone
- Talking about how you feel can really help.
- Talk to someone you trust – like friends or family, or your teacher.
- You can call Kids Helpline at any time to talk about anything. They will pick up after a couple of minutes! Call 1800 55 1800.
When you’re at school
- You might not be able to pay attention or get your homework done.
- Talk to your teacher – they can really help when they know what’s going on.
- Read about how to get help at school.
If you want more in-depth info go to the Teenagers/Young Adults section.