Support in Mind Scotland - Action for people affected by mental illness
- Category:Website information
'Support in Mind Scotland' seeks to support and empower all those affected by mental illness, including family members, carers and supporters.'
This website offers a wealth of information, including inspiring stories, and some terrific free resources. In particular, we draw your attention to resources regarding parents with mental illness:
- 'Making time to talk' - for parents about what their children can experience when a parent experiences a mental illness. 'Advice about what you can do and what children need'.
- 'Need to know' - for young people aged 11 to 14. 'When a parent has a mental illness it can affect your life too.'
- 'It's about you too!' - for young people 8 to 10 years old. 'The booklet explains what mental illness is and that it is OK to talk about it. It also explains scary words like psychiatrist and schizophrenia.'
These booklets are designed either to be read by family members or used as communication tools by professionals who work with families. They all focus on the importance of open and honest communication in promoting understanding and combating stigma.
- Access via: Web
- Organisation: Support in Mind Scotland
- Website: Support in Mind Scotland