Mental Health Recovery - Philosophy Into Practice: A workforce development guide
This guide articulates the components of effective recovery-based practice; it brings the rhetoric of ‘recovery’ to practical application. It promotes a recovery-oriented framework in which service users, carers, volunteers and employees are all supported to negotiate their individual paths; to contribute and achieve goals in an environment of respect and compassion.
The guide is structured according to the nine key workforce pathways that organisations must consider in working towards becoming, or sustaining, a socially inclusive, recovery-oriented organisation.
- organisational culture and values
- effective partnerships
- knowledge management
- recruitment and retention
- consumer and carer workers
- cultural competence
- professional development
- supervision and mentoring
- evaluation and performance management.
- Author: Mental Health Coordinating Council
- Year: 2009
- Access via: Web
- Organisation: Mental Health Coordinating Council
- Website: Mental Health Recovery - Philosophy Into Practice: A workforce development guide