Maternal Depression? Making a Difference Through Community Action: A Planning Guide.
Mental Health America developed this action guide for communities (and other organisations like them) to address the issue of maternal depression.
The guide aims to:
- build awareness and acceptance of the need for a family-focused, community-driven approach
- strengthen the capacity of communities to mobilise around a significant public health issue
- promote the use of state, local and even neighborhood partners
- spur strategic thinking that leads to effective community action and change.
The guide offers community organisations and other stakeholder groups an easy-to-use, practical framework to create a well-thought-out plan of action that is customised to their own communities. It provides:
- an in-depth look at the issue of maternal depression
- examples of outreach programs and practices
- an easy-to-follow roadmap for action
- tools and resources to use in all stages of the planning process.
- Author: Mental Health America
- Year: 2009
- Access via: Web
- Organisation: Mental Health America
- Website: Maternal Depression