Healthy Babies for Mothers with Serious Mental Illness: A case management framework for mental health clinicians
The provision of specific support to pregnant women with serious mental illness is an important primary prevention strategy with the goal of improving obstetric and neonatal outcomes for these women and their children. This framework is designed to help mental health clinicians/case managers to assist in managing this group.
Three key elements form the basis of the framework:
- Providing consumer reproductive choices
- Early detection and monitoring of pregnancy
- Implementing a small known team approach in the management of pregnant women with serious mental illness.
Access the dowloadable framework here. This web page also provides access to a range of consumer support services and information about women’s reproductive and pregnancy needs.
- Author: North Metropolitan Area Health Service (NMAHS) and WA Department of Health
- Year: 2008
- Access via: Web
- Organisation: North Metropolitan Area Health Service (NMAHS)
- Website: Healthy babies