Family Toolkit (Canada)
This toolkit was designed to be used by families who have a family member with one (or more) mental illness. Families who have a family member who has symptoms but has not yet received a diagnosis may also find the information contained in this toolkit helpful.
The toolkit consists of five learning modules:
- Understanding Mental and Substance Use Disorders
- Supporting Recovery from a Mental or Substance Use Disorder
- Communication and Problem-Solving Skills
- Caring for Yourself and Other Family Members
- Children and Youth in the School System.
This helpful introduction to the Toolkit explains how family members can use the toolkit to assist their loved one.
- Access via: Web
- Organisation: BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions Information
- Website: Family Toolkit