- Providing consultation to adult mental health workers and child youth and family staff around COPMI cases.
- Advice to community organisations regarding COPMI issues.
- Short term clinical work with COPMI cases where either the parent or the child is a client of mental health services.
- Joint family assessments with adult mental health staff.
- Short term counselling with children and teenagers - debriefing and education about mental illness (the child or the parent has to be the client of mental health services).
- Periodic group work with children and teenagers.
COMMUNITY SERVICE LIAISON
- Partnership with an interagency committee running a COPMI Camp as well as Children and Teenagers Fun Days (Camp Kookaburra program).
- COPMI Coordinators are members of the steering committee for the St George and Sutherland Poppy Playgroup.
- Consultancy to personnel from other services regarding COPMI issues.
- Provide training for health professionals and other service personnel regarding COPMI issues and COPMI inclusive practice.
- Provide training to wider local community service personnel regarding COPMI issues.
- Provide training to wider target group at state and national forums.
SERVICE DEVELOPMENT ROLE
Service development role with adult mental health teams regarding copmi inclusive practice, for example:
- talking to children and teenagers about mental illness
- the impact of mental illness on parenting
- COPMI care planning for mental health staff
- reviews of children and teenagers at risk
- checklist for staff in making service referrals regarding COPMI.
SERVICE LIAISON ROLE
- Between child and adult services regarding referral pathways.
- Between adult mental health services and other community services such as schools/child protection.
STATE COPMI NETWORK ROLE
- Attend state meetings.
- Review state policies and documents regarding COPMI with state network members.
Questionnaires and verbal feedback.