VIC, Barwon and Colac - FAPMI
Contact Names: Dawn Foster
Organisation: Barwon Health/Glastonbury Community Services
222 Malop Street - (Map)
Telephone: (03) 5222 6911
Mobile: 0423 025 450
Fax: (03) 5222 6933
A joint project initiative between Barwon Health Mental Health and Glastonbury Community Services, operational since 2003. Funded as part of the statewide FAPMI with additional funding from Barwon Health and Glastonbury.
Elements of the project include:
- Education of adult mental health staff, school, child and family sector.
- Facilitation of group programs for adolescents and primary school aged children who have a parent/relative with a mental illness (PATS and KIDZ CLUB).
- Co-facilitation of group programs for children/adolescents who have a parent with a dual diagnosis.
- Primary and secondary consultation to families.
Multi-facetted dependent on activity:
- Pre and post questionnaires for group programs.
- Evaluation of educational sessions.
- Evaluation of secondary consultation.
Have utilised best practice models such as Vic Champs/PATS.
Educational sessions have included work of Falkov et al and the use of consumer/carers perspective.
The program was awarded a Silver Achievement Award at the 2006 TheMHS Conference (child/adolescent/family category).
The program is formally known as SCARF (Strengthening Child and Adolescent Relationships in Families).